As per sources, a written Blog Content strategy differentiates it from good blogs to truly effective ones. This is how you can effectively increase your chances of success with a written blog strategy. As per to Content Marketing Institute, those organizations that hold a written content strategy are productive compared to those that work on complete verbal content strategy.
Did you know the organization is 60% more effective with a written content strategy than those that do not have a strategy at all? As a professional writer, I have learned along the way that Blog Content strategy is a necessity for brands who want to see greater outcomes.
A written plan enhances your chances of success. It also saves hours that you would have wasted on the wrong promotional strategies—writing on the incorrect topics and working with the wrong influencers. A written plan saves all the troubles and ensures that your brand runs effectively by saving time, driving more traffic, and making sure your blogging brings you success.
WHAT COMES IN BLOG CONTENT STRATEGY?
A content strategy is a plan for utilizing content, including audio, visuals, or written ones, to achieve your business objectives. An accomplished content strategy will attract your target audience at every stage of the funnel and assure to keep them engaged once they have made the purchase.
- Who will be reading your content?
- What solutions are you offering through your content?
- Things that makes you special?
- What content formats will you focus on?
- What channels should you publish on?
- How will you manage the content creation and publications?
Now that you know what comes in a content strategy, I will help you through five steps to craft a Blog Content strategy for your brand.
HOW TO CRAFT AN EFFECTIVE BLOG CONTENT STRATEGY
- Explain your objectives.
- Conduct target market research.
- Search interesting topic ideas and keywords for targeting.
- Develop a content calendar.
- Create amazing content.
One of the quick prefaces: A good Blog Content strategy should be able to resolve these three questions.
- Why are we producing content?
- What type of content do we need?
- How do we get the content to reach our goals successfully?
Let’s start with the following,
1) EXPLAIN YOUR OBJECTIVES
From my experience, before starting the Blog Content strategy, brands should explain their goals. Once you have a clearly defined goal, it will make the upcoming steps easier. All the hours of writing and publishing will not be wasted away.
Your objective is your why, and the stronger it is, the more accomplished targets you will achieve.
How does a brand know how to explain its why and objectives?
- Need foot traffic for your outlet?
- Higher sales or lead generation?
- Educate clients on what you sell?
- Elevate your customers with what’s happening in your business?
- Bring customers from overseas?
- Develop a brand?
Select no more than two or three goals for your Blog Content strategy. If you select more than three goals, you can become unfocused and probably wouldn’t succeed at anything.
For instance, I have a blog that I write for my freelance work. My main objective is to generate leads for my writing services, with secondary goals of educating readers on what I do and creating a brand around my name.
Be particular about your objectives. You cannot simply say, “Get more traffic.” It’s not safe. You have to include how much traffic you wish to achieve and in which time-frame? A well-explained goal will increase sales by 15% within the first three months.” Once you know why this is the time to figure out what type of content you demand, to do that, you should go through the following:
2) CONDUCT TARGET MARKET RESEARCH
It’s about researching the right target market. You should know the following by the end of your research.
How do you conduct target market research?
- Where does my audience hang out online?
Specific blogs, social media platforms, forums, Facebook groups, etc.
- What is their biggest gripe at work?
Maybe they don’t like their commute to their boss or are bored or generate enough traffic for their website.
- What sort of content or articles do they most enjoy reading?
Take a look at your Google analytics. Which post received good results?
Every business knows about their audience demographics:
Who are they?
But what they don’t know is,
Why do they buy?
Once you hold the answer to the second one, you can motivate your readers to make beneficial purchases from your brands.
3) SEARCH INTERESTING TOPIC IDEAS AND KEYWORDS FOR TARGETING
Let’s initiate with the keywords. They are the bread and butter for an effective Blog Content strategy. Without keywords, you will be hard-pressed for ranking well on the search engines. Without ranking through the search engines, you will have an even harder time receiving a lot of consistent traffic.
- Search for some keywords you wish to rank.
- Write engaging, compelling, and inspiring Blog Content with your keywords in the title, blog, headers, and image alt text.
- Work through receiving backlinks for the article through your main keywords as the anchor text.
There are multiple other complications which include the page loading speed, the time spent on the page, and the number of shares the article has received. But, if you master the three things above, you will be on the way to the first page of Google.
According to some sources, keyword research is one of the great ways to come with new ideas and chances for content. However, SEO should not bring your entire content blog strategy. Keyword research is one of the great ways to develop creative ideas and chances for content; however, SEO should not bring your entire content strategy. It should not take complete control.
Always try to target keywords but do not let them stop you from writing on a masterpiece.
4) DEVELOP A CONTENT CALENDAR
A content calendar helps you track and develop a sheet that can ensure your content is always top-notch and published on time. The best calendars have social sharing and email marketing added in to make things well-organized and easier.
To explain the importance of this and how well it plays into the overall Blog Content strategy, here are a few important things you need to know.
- A well-organized content calendar offers you an eagle-eye view and has your team’s editorial procedures blended into it.
- It permits us to ensure real-time updates, organize all the content assets, and have end-to-end visibility into what is working on what, when each piece is due, and which person and stage of the funnel each piece of the content is for.
- You can also use a free tool such as Google calendars to produce your Blog Content calendar to track your performance and ensure everything is happening as per the plan.
5) CREATE AMAZING CONTENT
At this point, you’ve got your keywords, you have developed a content calendar, you know who to write for, it’s time to align everything and create inspirational and effective content. Great content is not written. It is assembled. An outstanding piece of content needs the following.
- A well-written content does not have any spelling and grammatical errors.
- A well-researched blog content that has stats, case studies, and examples.
- Media relevancy means high-quality and high-relevant images.
- It is formatted for skimming using many headers, sub-headers, bullet points, bolding, and italics.
As a brand, you may want to speed fire blog posts as they come into your mind. However, having a well-written Blog Content strategy will save hours of headaches. You will have more success. It takes just a few hours to hold together an outstanding Blog Content strategy. It is always a good idea to be prepared and probably have more fun putting it together to publish an interesting blog that would bring 10x better results.
If you have any questions about how to create an effective blog content strategy for your blog? Feel free to speak up in the comments section below.